Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The day before Thanksgiving...

Well... not a whole lot of cleaning has gotten accomplished today. I wiped down the bathroom surfaces and tasked out the hubby with doing the floor during his shower... which has yet to happen... I have on the other hand, managed to keep up with my dishes from today's pre-feast cooking spree... 3 pumpkin pies ( one given to neighbor), 2 dozen homemade white rolls ( 1 dozen to neighbor), corn casserole mixed ( need to dump in dish and bake tomorrow), green bean casserole ( same as corn+top with the onions), sweet potato pie/casserole... it is literally the casserole recipe ( with the pecan topping) tossed into a pie shell with some cinimon... we shall see how it turns out!, bout to go chop up apple and some herbs and throw some craisons into a bag so all I have to do is toss it in with the stove top ( yes... semi homemade!). I was gonna do the mashed potatoes tonight, but decided I will cover them in the morning and put them in the slow cooker on the warm setting to keep them hot till lunch. Gravy I cannot make until time to eat.. Cranberry sauce from a can.. gonna mix it up... gonna cream/whip some butter and put them in my side by side serving dishes... so...

Where is the turkey?! Oh yes... I decided to spend the money and save the headache and buy a precooked turkey offered by one of the Army resturants here... I just hope it will be worth the $70.. yes... expensive... but we also received a $50 voucher for Thanksgiving from the chaplins... was not intended but much welcomed! Hubby gets to pick up the turkey and the guests at 11... planning for a noon lunch....


Now the scary bit... I need to clean... Where my Temptations party is getting cancled due to lack of guest number, thusly I am only entertaining a handful of guys....My house still needs some major work... more decluttering and a bit of scrubbing. Maybe I will get modivated and clean off the table tonight while I continue to wait for the pie to finish cooking... maybe. I should, it will leave me just the living room pick up, and to take care of the floors quick.... I really should do it lol...


On a side note.. Scentsy products came in today.. I LOVE them... the smell fab and look good... problem is... I cant smell my oven cooking! I am a "nose" baker so it is hard to tell when things are done if I forgot to time... like i normally do! Speaking of that, I just pulled out the pie.. just in time.. looks great, I will find out tomorrow if its taste matches its looks!

Well it is late here... hubby still hasn't done his stuff and work problems are making him go in to work in the morning... he will get to come home for the lunch so it is not THAT big of a deal... but hes been home working the issue for the last 2 hours.. though there isn't a whole lot he can do... oh well... I'll do what I can.. if the soldiers don't like what my house looks like... they can just not eat the home cooked food! Aka.. they won't care what my house looks like!


No comments:

Post a Comment